Training is a journey and not the destination. It is a process which involves the gaining knowledge, enhancing skills and change or inculcation of a desired behavior. Which eventually enhances the performance of employees. And thus leads to organizational development. But how many organizations understands the importance of training and its evaluation in the right way
It is vital for any organization to work on effectiveness of training before implementing one. This starts with correct planning. The planning includes the correct need identification. Trainings can provide immense benefits for employees as well as the organization, but only if they are carefully planned and well implemented. A clearly defined road map for any training not only helps the organization but also gives the motivation to learner. And later, this road map helps in evaluation of training outcome.
Any training would be related to one or more of below mentioned goals.
1. Enhance productivity of employees
2. Improved market performance of the organization
3. Boost the morale of employees by giving them the window of growth opportunities
4. Quick and smooth induction of new joiners.
5. Help meet the increased demand of market or specific customer demands related to quality and production standards
6. Quick and easier transition from current process to a new process or system in the organization.
It is important to identify which goal the training belongs to. An effective training starts from here. That is, the understanding of the focus area of the training. In most cases, it would be related to any one of above or any other specific goal of the organization. This process can be termed as ‘Focal point of training’.
Once the goal and training is decided, the right trainer is very important. Find your trainers here